Downtime is frequently a deterrent from a cosmetic procedure. Today’s woman often does not have the time to take away from work, her family responsibilities, her volunteer contributions, her workout routines, her social life…. You get the picture. Certainly not just to wait for healing. However, with an open mind and some creativity and planning, downtime can be just the pick me up you’ve needed. So what are some things you can do to make this time productive and pleasant for you?
- Know that you deserve it. – You deserve a break every once in awhile. Accepting that you are allowed to take some time out for you to help you feel better about yourself and life will help the experience become more of a precious thing for you.
- Don’t think of it as downtime. It YOU-time. – Have you not watched your favorite movie, drank your favorite tea, or read your favorite magazine or book in a long time? This is the perfect time to do it. Indulge yourself. Eat the chocolate. Take a bubble bath, not a shower. Take the time to reflect on the control you’ve taken in your life and the beauty of making yourself a priority.
- Catch Up.- Surgery can often be an experience that exposes the entire family to a vulnerability. At the same time, it can also be the cause of uniting families and pulling them away from their busy day-to-day to support one another. This can be a time that you share some true quality time with the people you love and care about, letting them be there to support you.
- Still Antsy? Be productive—take the time to do things that you always say you’ll get to, but never do. Still haven’t put all of those photos into an album? Want to get to Rosetta Stone® and finally learn Italian? Have your crochet tools been sitting in the corner for years? Pull them out and do something you’ve always given low priority. In the spirit of self-improvement.
- Get informed. Take the time to catch up on news celebrity gossip even the latest info on your procedure to prepare you for the later stages.
Last Updated on September 23, 2016 by Dr Dayan