A consultation is a great time to get to know your doctor and become educated about your procedure. Be sure to enter your consultation with a prepared list of questions to ensure you can get a full understanding of your procedure. Also, use your consultation time to accurately and effectively communicate the results that you want. If you don’t know how to describe what you want verbally, consider bringing in pictures. Remember, however, not all faces are the same. Your doctor should tell you if your beauty ambitions are realistic and/or healthy.
Don’t forget to ask these questions:
- How long have you been performing the treatment I am interestedin?
2. Do you have hospital privileges to perform the treatment Idesire?
3. How often do you perform the treatment I am interested in?
4. How many treatments are needed?
5. If considering a new treatment or device : How long has it been used?
6. Can I see before and after photos?
7. Can I speak with individuals who have had this treatment done?
8. What are the possible complications?
9. Have you seen any complications?
10. If you have seen complications how were they treated?
11. Will you perform the treatment, or will it be delegated tosomeone else?
12. How available are you after the treatment?
13. Are you affiliated with any academic institutions?
14. Are you board certified?
15. What does it mean to be board certified?