Halloween is just around the corner, and we’re certain many of you are trying to decide on the perfect costume or which scary movie to watch. In the spirit of the season, we picked six beautiful icons of horror films that we think my inspire you to create an easy costume, watch a fun movie, or even try a new beauty treatment. Here are our choices:
Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween
– Perhaps your date could dress up as the horrifying Michael Myers while you play the captivating Laurie Strode. All you need is a blue blouse, a luscious head of red hair, and some amazing, clear skin. The trick? Always apply a great hydrating serum like PCA Skin Hydating Serum and moisturizer first to keep your skin looking fresh. Opt for a mineral foundation such as
Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals. Mix it with a sunscreen like SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense for a more dewy, youthful look. Consider IPL or Venus Freeze for a subtle yet-impact change in the appearance of the skin. Also consider the Power Pumpikin Treatment, (only $99 until October 31, a $150 value.)
Mia Farrow in Rosemary’s Baby
– If you’re sporting a pixie cut, you may want to try stealing the character Rosemary Woodhouse’s look for your own. Just remember, it’s all about the cheekbones and making the eyes look as big as possible. Cheekbones will accentuate the eyes while a narrow jawline can help highlight the cheeks. Dermal fillers such as Sculptra and Radiesse can help create the appearance of fuller elevated cheeks. Botox in the masseters may help narrow your jawline and create a more feminine appearance to the face if your masseter muscles have bulked up due to clenching or grinding teeth. To achieve her look with makeup, keep the eyeliner thicker in the middle of the eyes to accentuate the roundness. Skip on the cateye. Apply a matte the cheek color lightly underneath finishing powder to replicate a natural flush. After all, you want to look like the real thing don’t you?
Tippi Hedren in The Birds
– Melanie Daniels, the main character for one of Hitchcock’s greatest films was a true knock out when the film premiered in 1963. For this character, it’s all about the eyes. Here’s how to get it right. First, the prim and proper Melanie always kept her hair out of her face for a classic look. Pin hair back into a bouffant or a sleek ponytail. Next add a full coverage foundation to the face with a light dusting of powder for matte skin. Consider an appointment with one of our skilled medical professionals for a dermal filler such as Restylane beneath the eyes to combat dark undereye hollows. Treatments with Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin can also help slightly elevate the brows to open up the eyes (without looking surprised or shocked.) Accentuate the eyes with a well-structured brow. (True Skin Care Center can assist with brow art at your next performance. To help accentuate your results) Using Latisse can also help add drama. Apply medium brown brow powder along the top of the brow and toward the peak. Next use long strokes from the peak to the tail of your brow to elongate the look. Last use an extra lasting eyeliner pen and draw a thin line as close to your lash line as possible. Stop where the lashes end and repeat on the other eye. Next, curl your lashes with a curler then coat with a black mascara designed for super-long lashes. Those eyes should pop!
Neve Campbell in Scream –
Neve Campbell’s character, Sidney, in the classic 90s horror film Scream had an edgy yet timeless look. Her two main characteristics were her defined jawline and sleek brows. The best step to get a great-looking, tight jawline is to use a skin-tightening technique that tightens the jowls of the face and creates a fresher, younger look. With several available options to tighten skin with virtually no pain (nor injection), Pelleve and Venus Freeze, are two of the most popular. These radiofrequency devices use the latest innovations to tighten the skin while promoting new collagen growth. In a matter of minutes, you’ll be several steps closer to looking more like Sidney. Next, you’ll want to define your brows and lashes just as you did with the Tippi Hedren look above.
Ellen Burstyn in The Exorcist
– For a great look that mimics the wonderful Ellen Burstyn’s character Chris MacNeil in the Exorcist, you’re going to need a perfectly chopped bob hair cut and some luscious, full lips. For a simple way to make your lips look just a little bigger, use a colorless lip balm with shimmer and apply is just above your lips inside the Cupid’s bow. The shimmer of light creates an illusion of bigger lips. Or, if you want the real thing, injectable fillers such as Resylane and Juvederm can easily be injected into your lips to give them a natural-looking fuller and thicker look. Lasting from six months to a year, getting into the Halloween spirit just got beneficial.
Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs
– Our last superstar who made it chic to be scared is Jodie Foster in her role as Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs. To mimic her simple yet stunning look, one must focus on creating a natural, balanced face. (Jodie Foster never looked overdone, making her beauty almost intangible.) To wrap your hands around her look, use a tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation to make your skin tone as even as possible without looking cakey. Next, highlight your eyes with a dark brown eyeliner. For subtle and balanced beauty that’s more permanent, ask us about Subliminal Difference.
While there’s no gaurauntee that Dr. Dayan’s team can make you look exactly like a specific movie star, they can help you identify and reach your own beauty goals to look silver-screen worthy (and feel like a celebrity.)
Last Updated on September 30, 2016 by Dr Dayan